headstand

headstand

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point. ~c.s. lewis

...it's a long story really, but all you need to know is that things happen for a reason. A few weeks ago, Kim Parker was reneging on the idea of her nightly walk. Not only did she change her mind, she changed her route. This placed her at the right place at exactly the right time. With an uncommon courage, she approached a situation, not knowing what her outcome and those who needed her would be. She and Arka forged ahead.


You may never know the reason people come into your life, and there's probably no use trying to figure it all out. It's probably best just to appreciate that they did. Kim Parker, I'm so thankful you came into our lives, and we are seered together as forever friends along with Arka. You are an angel.

On a side note...tonight, I had just finished speaking with someone about Kim, and had just received my copy of a newspaper article about her and her wolf-dog Arka. I stopped less than 100 yards from where I was parked to go get gas and had to go inside the gas station to pay. Who was the first person I saw in there? Kim. It's the simplest things that amaze me sometimes, because the simplest things can turn into the most amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment